GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » External Packages » CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created.
Re: CMake Error at source/python3/cmake_install.cmake:51 (file): *** ERROR: g4py could not be created. [message #23675 is a reply to message #23673] Tue, 26 February 2019 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Peiyong Jiang is currently offline  Peiyong Jiang
occasional visitor
Hi Tobias,
At first I installed it on linux mint 19.1(ubuntu LTS 18.04),I upgraded my system before, and I forgot the specific kernel version. The gcc was about 7.2. Under this situation, there was a folder in ~~/python3/ named __pycache__ inside which there were pairs of files: *.cpython-36.opt-1.pyc and *.cpython-36.pyc. I think these should be *.pyo and *.pyc. So I change the name and put it in the folder ~~/python3/ .It works. My final aim is the installation of PandaRoot, but I was failed there.

Another reason I wanted to downgrade my linux mint is that I met a problem in the installation of Pandaroot. The problem is :
"nvcc fatal:Value 'sm_21' is nor defined for option 'gpu-architecture'." At that time, my nvcc was latest one(I think it is 10) which does not support "sm_21" any more. I just looked up the word 'sm_21' and removed "--gpu-architecture sm_21;" from "(APPEND CUDA_NVCC_FLAGS --gpu-architecture sm_21;-std=c++11;-O2;-DVERBOSE)", and it continued. But finally the PandaRoot was not installed successfully.

Then I made a decision to reinstall my linux mint after I checked the kernel version and gcc version of kronos. I tried linux mint 17.3 (ubuntu LTS 14.04 ?) but it is too old to install the drivers for the new pc. so I changed to linux mint 18.3(ubuntu LTS 16.04). The information:

system: linux mint 18.3
gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.11)
Linux pjiang 4.14.10-041410-generic #201712291810 SMP Fri Dec 29 18:11:20 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2015 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Tue_Aug_11_14:27:32_CDT_2015
Cuda compilation tools, release 7.5, V7.5.17

Under this situation, everything goes FINE until the last step in the installation of PandaRoot. The new problem in the installation of Pandaroot is as follows. And I have totally no idea to solve it. Do you have any recommendation?

-------------------
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/TrkData/ PndTrkSkewHitList.cxx.o
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/TrkData/ PndTrkNeighboringMap.cxx.o
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/TrkSecon dary/PndTrkTrackFinder.cxx.o
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/TrkSecon dary/PndTrkAddTCA.cxx.o
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/TrkSecon dary/PndTrkGemCombiTask.cxx.o
[ 83%] Building CXX object tracking/SecondariesTracking/CMakeFiles/SecondariesTracking.dir/G__Secon dariesTrackingDict.cxx.o
[ 83%] Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libSecondariesTracking.so
[ 83%] Built target SecondariesTracking
[ 83%] Building NVCC (Device) object tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.di r/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda_generated_trackletGenerator.cu.o
/usr/include/string.h: In function 'void* __mempcpy_inline(void*, const void*, size_t)':
/usr/include/string.h:652:42: error: 'memcpy' was not declared in this scope
return (char *) memcpy (__dest, __src, __n) + __n;
^
CMake Error at PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda_generated_trackletGenerator.cu.o.Debug.cmake:2 75 (message):
Error generating file
/home/pjiang/pandaroot_18p1/buildPanda/tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/ CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.dir//./PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda_ge nerated_trackletGenerator.cu.o

tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.di r/build.make:280: recipe for target 'tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.d ir/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda_generated_trackletGenerator.cu.o' failed
make[2]: *** [tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.d ir/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda_generated_trackletGenerator.cu.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4014: recipe for target 'tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.d ir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [tracking/SttCellTrackFinder/cuda/CMakeFiles/PndSttCellTrackFinderCuda.d ir/all] Error 2
Makefile:140: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
---------------

Many thanks for your reply.
Best,
Peiyong

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message