GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Event Generators » PYTHIA6 usage
PYTHIA6 usage [message #23646] Thu, 21 February 2019 12:25 Go to previous message
Anna Skachkova is currently offline  Anna Skachkova
continuous participant
Dear Ralf and Tobias,

Turning back again to PYTHIA. I haven't use Pandaroot for several years. And now I see that there were changed a lot.

The way which I used before (just reading by PandaRoot the ntuple, generated by Pythia6 - see attached run_sim_sttcombi_DUB.C file) doesn't work any more. I tryed to do the same in the modern format - see tut_sim_my.C. I doesn't work as well. I found that even the files PndPythia6Generator.h and PndPythia6Generator.cxx do not present in /pgenerators in the current version of PandaRoot.

So the main questions are:

1. How to launch PandaRoot in the current version with the Pythia6 as prepared external ntuple (in the way I did it before)? It would be very appreciated if you could send already working example. And it would be good to renew the correspondent page in tutorial correspondingly.

2. It would also be very good to have a possibility to launch PYTHIA directly from Pandaroot in order to have a chance to make a preselection of events which is crucial important for background simulation. The problem is that I do not understand how to switch between a lot of internal Pythia parameters (the main are the used subprocesses which are supposed for simulation). The only information that I found is http://www.hep.by/root/tutorials/pythia/pythiaExample.C.html which for me is absolutely not enough for understanding.

Thank you in advance,
with the best regards,
Anna

On 20.02.2019 18:12, RalfKliemt wrote:
> Dear Anna,
>
> I found a few lines which I fixed. Please go on and test the macro in the attachment.
>
> Cheers!
> Ralf
>

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message