GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » UPDATE - Folder restructuring in dev branch
Re: UPDATE - Folder restructuring in dev branch [message #22324 is a reply to message #22275] Fri, 02 March 2018 12:12 Go to previous message
Michael Papenbrock is currently offline  Michael Papenbrock
continuous participant
Hi Ralf,

the answer to that is a clear yes/no.

Yes in the sense that I have written something like that a long time ago with vanilla CMake. Have a look at the following code:
foreach(source ${Project_Sources})
  configure_file(${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/${source}.h ${Project_BINARY_DIR}/include/${source}.h COPYONLY)
endforeach(source ${Project_Sources})

I put this into each of my subdirectories' CMakeLists.txt and it would copy the header files into an include directory in the build folder. It was a quick and dirty hack, but still a quality-of-life improvement.

No in the sense that we are using a more customized flavour of CMake by using macros inherited from FairRoot. Therefore, we pass sources slightly differently than in vanilla (including the file ending instead of just the base name). I don't know if that would really pose a problem because you probably can still tokenize them and get the base name that way.

A more sophisticated approach might be to define a "make install" target similar to FairSoft and FairRoot. I tried this earlier today and found that it seems to be already inherited from FairRoot, but only a few libraries and no headers were copied to the install directory. Here I'm not really sure what we would need to add on our side, i.e. just the vanilla CMake commands or something customised. Are you perhaps aware of any FairRoot documentation concerning their CMake macros?

Cheers,
Michael

Edit: Forgot to link the gitlab issue: https://pandaatfair.githost.io/PandaRootGroup/PandaRoot/issues/134

[Updated on: Fri, 02 March 2018 16:20]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FairSoft nov15 and new suggested version for developers
Next Topic: New Issue Tracker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:40:57 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01106 seconds