GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Install PandaRoot dec17 on Kronos
Re: Install PandaRoot dec17 on Kronos [message #22160 is a reply to message #22157] Thu, 08 February 2018 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Iman,

Quote:

I am trying to install PandaRoot release dec17 on Kronos, with FairSoft may16_root6 and FairRoot v-17.10b_fairsoft-oct17p1.
After downloading the release and running cmake, I get the following problem when I compile with make:

first of all there is a scheme in the installation paths for fairroot and fairsoft. The last part of the fairroot path tells you with which fairsoft version this fairroot version was compiled. The fairsoft and fairroot versions you have chosen do no match, so either use

FairSoft may16_root6 and FairRoot v-16.06b_fairsoft-may16_root6

or

FairSoft oct17p1 and FairRoot v-17.10b_fairsoft-oct17p1

Any other combinations may work but also may fail.

Your problem is the execution of the GenerateVersionInfo.cmake macro from FairRoot which has changed recently. The call of this macro was probably copied from FairRoot long ago. I had the same problem with CbmRoot. The macro actually generates some info which is only used in FairRoot such that you easily can remove the line with the call.

Ciao

Florian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message