GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Re-Mapping of SDS SensorIDs
Re: Re-Mapping of SDS SensorIDs [message #21799 is a reply to message #21796] Tue, 21 November 2017 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Stefan Pflueger is currently offline  Stefan Pflueger
continuous participant
Hi Ralf,

yeah the global one-to-one mapping of active volume paths to a global sensorID is good and I don't want to change that. Basically I need to know in a "secure" manner, which sensor is fired based on the sensorID associated with the hit (so where this sensor is located in the setup). With secure I mean that it will always deliver the correct result. Atm I don't think this is possible, because the global sensorID (which is assigned to each active module) depends on the order you load the detector modules. The LMD has 400 active sensors atm. If I load that detector first I get assigned 0-399. If I load MVD first I get something like 500-899. How is it planned later on in the runtime? I believe every sub detector gets a unique ID and then each subdetector can assign its sensor ids as they wish, or not (as long as its one-to-one)? Therefore a mapping of the global sensorIDs to the actual sensorID scheme used later on would be necessary. Maybe I'm also missing something here...

Cheers,
Stefan

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Initialization Error of Geane using Geant3 (duplicate)
Next Topic: Migration to git
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:02:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01563 seconds