GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Simulation Issues » Dynamic cast fails. (That's about it.)
Dynamic cast fails. [message #21625] Tue, 10 October 2017 19:06 Go to previous message
lzanetti is currently offline  lzanetti
occasional visitor
Hello everyone. I've been dusting off my simulator after a couple of months and, sure enough, "something" broke --it is a well known fact that programs break just by existing on a HDD.

The error is the following:

[INFO ] ============== FairRunSim: Initialising simulation run ==============
Info in <TGeoManager::TGeoManager>: Geometry FAIRGeom, FAIR geometry created
[INFO ] FairGeoMedia: Read media
[ERROR ] Dynamic cast fails.

And the problem is that the simulation output is empty --actually, R3BXBall tells me that no hit is present and no event is written. Since I didn't see (or notice) the errors above and the simulator was working the last time I used it, and the programs are exactly the same, I'm assuming it has something to do with it.

I'm using the latest version of R3BRoot, except the very last commit, which doesn't work for me (opened an issue on GitHub).

Cheers,
L.

~~~

UPDATE: Actually, it seems to be possible to cope some life into the simulator, so the error above should have nothing to do with the simulation being empty. All the same, since it's flagged as an error, it might be worth to investigate the "dynamic cast fail". Also because it was NOT there before.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 October 2017 19:21]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: GLAD positioning
Next Topic: Problem with FairMCApplication with R3BRoot on dev-branch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:52:59 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01023 seconds