GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Monte Carlo Engines » Geant energy loss zero
Geant energy loss zero [message #21485] Mon, 18 September 2017 17:36 Go to previous message
Stefan Pflueger is currently offline  Stefan Pflueger
continuous participant
Hi,

I'm currently trying to get our LMD simulation macro to work with the new Pandaroot/Fairroot code and I found a few issues. I added a line in the Register function of PndSdsDetector because no MCHits were generated by GEANT4... This seems to solve the issue. However the energy loss is 0, hence the hits are not written to file or when force written the digitization fails. Afaik the MVD code also uses the SDS classes. Do the new simulations work for you? My second question would be, why is the energy loss zero? Maybe some weird cut or some bad Geant4 setting?

Stefan

void PndSdsDetector::Register()
{
	fPndSdsCollection = FairRootManager::Instance()->GetTClonesArray(fOutBranchName);
	if (! fPndSdsCollection){
		  std::cout << "-W- PndSdsDetector: New branch " << fOutBranchName << " created!" << std::endl;
		  FairRootManager::Instance()->Register(fOutBranchName, "PndSdsMCPoint", fFolderName, kTRUE);
		  [b]fPndSdsCollection = FairRootManager::Instance()->GetTClonesArray(fOutBranchName);[/b]
	}
  //FairRootManager::Instance()->Register(fOutBranchName, fFolderName, fPndSdsCollection, fPersistance);
}

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Unexpected particles in Event Display window.
Next Topic: Initialization Error of Geane using Geant3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:46:28 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01190 seconds