GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Scientific Computing » Linux OS » Intel® C++ Compiler for Linux
Re: Intel® C++ Compiler for Linux [message #1549 is a reply to message #1547] Wed, 30 March 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Christopher Huhn is currently offline  Christopher Huhn
continuous participant
super-utilisateur

If you take a look at http://www.intel.com/software/products/noncom/faq.htm, you'll find that a central installation at GSI will most probably not fall under this license:

Quote:

Q. I am engaged in research projects. Can I qualify to use the noncommercial product?
A. If you, as an individual, are receiving any form of compensation for the research project (i.e., you receive a salary, or funding, etc.) you do not qualify for a non-commercial license.

The "Academic License" seems to be more appropriate:

Quote:

For degree-granting institutions of higher learning whose primary purpose is to provide education to the general public, e.g., college and university, and to faculty members, faculty personnel, etc. You must submit, for Intel’s acceptance, a school purchase order or any proof of academic eligibility for these discounted prices.

Anyhow someone has to decide to actually buy the software (maybe the DV-Ausschuss?). The price for 5 floating licenses (FlexLM) is about € 800.

Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Xeon's, Opteron's, 32 vs 64 bit -- Next steps for the GSI batch farm
Next Topic: Debain Sarge Update?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:04:00 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01009 seconds