GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » problems to install FairRootSoft
Re: problems to install FairRootSoft [message #19479 is a reply to message #19477] Fri, 26 August 2016 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Hello Stefano et al,

I think it is still possible although quite improbable that since May of this year the connection is always lost or the server is down, whenever I try to install a new pandaroot release. Actually it's months I do not manage to have something running....this is weird.

With the suggestion by Florian, the situation is the following:

a) FairSoft. It finally arrives to the end of the installation, but I do not see the message that everything is ok as it is supposed to be, accoring to the web page: ttps://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/PandaRootInstallGit# Installing_PandaRoot

I read now:

make[2]: Leaving directory '/lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/basics/libsodium/build'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/basics/libsodium/build'
*** LibSodium compiled successfully ***
**** Checking libraries in /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/buildFairSoft/lib ****
*** Downloading zeromq sources ***
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 9 100 9 0 0 14 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 14
*** Unpacking zeromq-4.1.3.tar.gz ..............
--E-- Cannot unpack package zeromq

What's the problem now with "zeroqm"?

b) FairRoot

When I try to install FairRoot to the suggested revision (v15-11c), indeed I get error as expected (clearly if a) does not happen, also b) does not happen!):

used as include directory in directory /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/FairRoot-15.11c/examples/MQ/ GenericDevices
used as include directory in directory /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/FairRoot-15.11c/examples/MQ/ GenericDevices
ZMQ_LIBRARY_SHARED (ADVANCED)
linked by target "FairMQ" in directory /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/FairRoot-15.11c/fairmq

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also " /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/FairRoot-15.11c/build/CMakeF iles/CMakeOutput.log ".
See also " /lustre/nyx/panda/prencipe/fairsoft_nov15p4/FairRoot-15.11c/build/CMakeF iles/CMakeError.log ".

I am wondering if there is anybody who installed a pandaroot revision and external packages in kronos, and run successfully jobs.... to me since months it simply does not happen, following instructions at the web page: https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/PandaRootSimulation Kronos

Simply something is missing here...I do not think I am doing something wrong, as I follow line by line the indications. Could you or anyone else please have a look, or try yourself, to reproduce the problem?

Being this, what am I supposed to do to get something installed and compiling in Kronos? every suggestion is more than welcome!!!!

Looking forward to your reply, I thank you in advance

Elisabetta

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: genfit2 and electrons - problems with Bremsstrahlung formula
Next Topic: New dev suggested version