GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Problem in installing FairRoot version v-15.11
Re: Problem in installing FairRoot version v-15.11 [message #19207 is a reply to message #19206] Wed, 13 April 2016 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Hi all,

after some further debugging together with Tobias, this is the situation:

- with OS Suse and Fedora19, there are problems in installing FairRoot. Maybe even with otehr OS, but still did not checked.
- with Suse, following the instruction online ( https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/PandaRootInstallGit) it happens that some packages are missing: Pythia6, Xerces, geant3.... and I am still in the process to download manually and recompile....not finished yet.
- with Fedora19: an additional problem with dependencies was shown up. What I mean is that I started all installation process with:

yum install cmake cmake-data g++ gcc gfortran build-essential make patch sed \
libx11-dev libxft-dev libxext-dev libxpm-dev libxmu-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-dev \
curl bzip2 gzip unzip tar python-dev subversion git

This works for Suse; but for Fedora19 and other RedHat based systems, one needs the following:

yum install cmake gcc gcc-c++ gcc-gfortran make patch sed \
libX11-devel libXft-devel libXpm-devel libXext-devel \
libXmu-devel mesa-libGLU-devel mesa-libGL-devel ncurses-devel \
curl bzip2 libbz2-dev gzip unzip tar expat-devel \
subversion git flex bison imake redhat-lsb-core \
python-devel libxml2-devel wget openssl-devel curl-devel \
automake autoconf libtool

with Fedora 22 /23, it is even a bit more complicated. Please, have a look here: https://github.com/FairRootGroup/FairSoft/blob/master/DEPENDENCIES

It was not like so in January 2016. Something changed.
Indeed, after solving this, the installation does not go smooth at all. Some packages are not automatically downloaded. I am wondering what changed in the past 2 months, or if it is only a problem of temporary inaccessible libraries from Root, as for me in January2016 everything was basically working. Since yesterday or sooner, it is not possible to install FairRoot following the standard tutorial.

Best regards, Elisabetta

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Using zlib
Next Topic: Problem compiling master FAIRRoot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:21:22 CEST 2024