GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Simulation Issues » R3BNeutronTracker2D crashes (R3BNeutronTracker2D crashes)
Re: R3BNeutronTracker2D crashes [message #19173 is a reply to message #19169] Thu, 24 March 2016 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
C. A. Douma is currently offline  C. A. Douma
continuous participant
I am not sure if the problem is the NeulandPrimaryNeutronInteractionPoints. I just noticed that the tracker needs the LandFirstHits to check on the outcomes of the tracking. Hence I think that the tracker crashes because for the neuland-class, the LandFirstHits do not exist and NeulandPrimaryNeutronInteractionPoints should be used instead. But I am not sure of it. The only thing I am sure of is that the tracker gives a seg-fault for the neuland-class.

For the VETO I do not just need the efficiencies, I really need the distinct reconstructed neutron interaction points per event so I can decide which hits are due to neutrons and which hits are due to protons, so I can veto those.

Hence maybe you can explain something else to me. Suppose that I supply the R3BNeutronTracker with, say, 10 Energy cuts and a kappa. Will the tracker then automatically look for 10 tracks (given that the number of clusters and total energy deposition of that event falls between the last 2 cuts)? Or should the tracker be modified to identify more then 4 tracks? If so, how should I modify it? I need this in the case I have 4 neutrons and some protons in the same event.

Christiaan.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: problem with dev-branch NeuLAND digitizer
Next Topic: beta in the gamma generator in r3ball.C
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:03:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00987 seconds