GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Simulation Issues » NeuLAND tracking algorithm (How to use the NeuLAND tracking algorithm)
Re: NeuLAND tracking algorithm [message #19143 is a reply to message #19142] Fri, 18 March 2016 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
C. A. Douma is currently offline  C. A. Douma
continuous participant
Thank you. I understand. If I know the target position I can use the position of the hit to calculate the travel distance. Combining this with the TOF and the fact that the particle is a neutron gives me the energy.

My question about the bars is however different. The digitizer contains the fired bars of NeuLAND. Now in the case of multiple tracks within one event, I want to know which of these bars contributed to which track. Is there a way to obtain this? If not, then at which lines of code should I look to implement an additional leaf containing this information?

One other question: In the case of a 4n experiment and some background particles, we might end up with more then 4 distinct tracks. Then some of these tracks have to be VETOed so that we are left with with 4 tracks for the neutrons. So is the tracker capable of reconstructing more then 4 distinct tracks? In this case, do I then just have to submit more energy cuts in the calibration .txt-file or do I have to make more advanced changes?

Christiaan.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message