GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Simulation Issues » NeuLAND tracking algorithm (How to use the NeuLAND tracking algorithm)
Re: NeuLAND tracking algorithm [message #19135 is a reply to message #19134] Thu, 17 March 2016 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dmytro Kresan is currently offline  Dmytro Kresan
first-grade participant
Hi Christiaan,

1) Maybe Jan Mayer can comment on this. I wrote calibr.C macro, where efficiency is calculated depending on specified impurity level for each event type. I do not know how it is done in calibr_mini.C.

2) kappa is just an artificial parameter, which sets the inclination of linear 2D cuts on number of clusters versus deposited energy. It is set per hand, in order to best described simulated data. Physics behind - anti-correlation between mentioned 2 variables.

3) second function in calibr.C (with automatic calculation of kappa) has to be revised and fixed. It does not work for me also. Use the function with manual setting of kappa.

4) The meaning of numbers is: parameter 1 - kappa value used. The rest of parameters: energy cuts on each type of event.

5) I do not know. We have to ask Jan Mayer. But I do not expect divergences in output results.

6) The value of beam velocity is used in the tracker in order to select best candidates for hits from primary neutron(s) interaction. The point is that incident neutrons have velocity very close to the beam.

Hope I could help a bit.

Best regards,
Dima

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message