GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Simulation Issues » NeuLAND tracking algorithm (How to use the NeuLAND tracking algorithm)
Re: NeuLAND tracking algorithm [message #19134 is a reply to message #19126] Wed, 16 March 2016 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
C. A. Douma is currently offline  C. A. Douma
continuous participant
Dear Mr. Kresan,

Thank you for the explanation. It took me some time to get through all the macros (hence the late reply).
I can understand most of it, but I have a few questions about the calibration of the cuts (calibr.C):

1) I see that there are 2 versions of the calibration macro: calibr.C and calibr_mini.C
Is one of them better then the other (regarding the physics), or is the difference just code optimization?
In Jan Mayers talk from last NUSTASR week I also see a difference in efficiency between calibr.C and calibr_mini.C
What is the meaning of this?

2) What is the physics behind 'kappa'?

3) calibr.C has a few flaws on my computer. It returns kappa=0 on my computer and no cuts (with the second function).
Could this be caused by the fact that the histogram boundaries are too small for 4n? Or did I miss something else?

4) The calibration text file that comes out of the macro is just a small list of numbers. What is the meaning of those numbers?

5) I used the NeuLandDigitizer from Jan Mayer, not the LandDigitizer (which was suggested in precalibr.C).
Is this the right way or should I use the LandDigitizer?

6) For the R3BNeutronTracker, What is the Purpose of the UseBeam-memberfunction? I see that the mean energy and the
beta from relativity should be added here, but I would like to understand how exactly these numbers are used by the tracker.

Yours sincerely,
Christiaan Douma.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message