GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Usage of exceptions in CINT (Catching GFException seems to not work)
Re: Usage of exceptions in CINT [message #19063 is a reply to message #19048] Wed, 24 February 2016 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Philipp Bielefeldt is currently offline  Philipp Bielefeldt
occasional visitor

Maybe I do not get the point in your question accurately... But the object thrown is a GFException, and the referenced line RKTrackRep.cxx:1215 reads

GFException exc(sstream.str(),__LINE__,__FILE__);
exc.setFatal();
throw exc;

It is a bit unclear to me what you mean with "outside of GenFit". I am still working with CINT linked against Genfit... so it is not really "outside", but maybe I am misled here.
I cannot see how this could be a default/empty/... exception. As far as I can see some thing bewildering happens with the thrown exception. And by the way: I could reproduce the same weird behaviour in a "neatly compiled" class, where I wrapped up the ->processTrack like so:

bool GFExecution::cwProcessTrack(GFAbsFitter* aFitter, GFTrack* aTrack){
    fStatus = true;
    std::cout << "GFExecution::cwProcessTrack... Status is " << fStatus << std::endl;

try{
        aFitter->processTrack(aTrack);
    }catch(const GFException& e){
        fStatus = false;
        std::cout << "[WARN    ] Exception in track procession -- ProcessTrack set to false" << std::endl;
        std::cerr << e.what() << std::endl;
    }

std::cout << "    return status is " << fStatus << std::endl;
    return fStatus;
}

but again, in case an exception is thrown, the exception's content appears on the cli, whilst the catch block itself seems to be not executed, it looks like so:

GFExecution::cwProcessTrack... Status is 1
GFException thrown with excString:
RKTrackRep::RKutta ==> momentum too low: 3.53823 MeV
in line: 1215 in file: /home/bielefeldt/g2fopiroot/GenfitTools/trackrep/RKTrackRep/RKTrackRep.cxx
with fatal flag 0
    return status is 1

Most likely, I am doing some thing very incorrect in the way I implement exception handling, but I just cannot find my flaw.

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: GSI Annual Report
Next Topic: CHEP2016 abstract submission open!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:30:11 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00920 seconds