GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » [FIXED] Fatal in <PndMvdHybridHitProducer::Init()>
[FIXED] Fatal in <PndMvdHybridHitProducer::Init()> [message #18721] Thu, 19 November 2015 15:54 Go to previous message
Mamen is currently offline  Mamen
continuous participant
Dear all,

I am not sure if this topic should be posted in the General Forum, but I am not sure where else could it go... Sorry if this is not the right place.

I am trying to bring to run a modified version of PandaRoot, which was developed based on -r11867 of PandaRoot.

I am experiencing funny behavior in the simulations, and most of the times, the code I have doesn't run.
After many tests, this is what I found out, i'll try to explain it in the best way possible.

I have a modified version of the panda detector, which in principle should be capable of measuring dvcs events (p+e -> p+e+\gamma).
I have an event generator (GenDVCS1.0) which gives me as an output an ascii file with events. According to the input of the event generator, I can generate DVCS-events only, BH-events (Bethe-heitler) only, or both at the same time. That makes 3 different kinds of ascii files. For each case I have generated 100 ascii files, with 1000 events each.

I pass the ascii files to PandaRoot using Pythia:
// Create and Set Event Generator
  //-------------------------------

FairPrimaryGenerator* primGen = new FairPrimaryGenerator();
  fRun->SetGenerator(primGen);

PndPythia6Generator* pygen=new PndPythia6Generator(inFile.Data());
  primGen->AddGenerator(pygen); 

primGen->SetTarget(30., 0); //The target position is shifted by 30 cm in this modified version of PandaRoot

For some of the ascii files the whole simulation runs smoothly, in this particular modified version of PandaRoot it would follow the next sequence:

SIM-> DIG-> REC-> PID-> DCH (modified tracking software for the drift chamber)-> LOC (modified tracking software) -> GLO (It combines the output from DCH and LOC) -> HIS (analysis)

If the simulation runs properly I get a root file with nice histograms containing 1000 events processed.

But for most of the ascii files the simulation doesn't run, and stops during the DIG macro.
The most repeated error is:

Fatal in <PndMvdHybridHitProducer::Init()>: charge conversion method not defined!

For some cases I get the error:
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

But the most thrilling thing is that for the SAME ascii file (picking up one randomly of the ones that don't run completely), If I run de simulation for let's say 10 or 20 events (which I do for testing), the whole simulation runs, but if I run it for the whole 1000 events data set, it doesn't run. Some times it runs for 2 events, but it stops running for 10 events.

The only difference between the ascii files in the same group (BH, DVCS or BOTH) is the seed with which the event generator ran.

I also tried to run the simulations running a memory debugger:

valgrind -v root Macros.C

but this debugger shows me that everything runs without errors, even when the macros crash.

I have two questions:

1.- What does the error Fatal in <PndMvdHybridHitProducer::Init()> mean and where does it come from?
2.- Do you know another debugger which I could use with PandaRoot, and can you explain to me how to use it?

Thank you so much in advance.
Best regards!

Mamen.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 February 2016 23:30] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message