GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » Installation and Compilation » Compilation fails (Newest update of R3Broot does not compile for me)
Compilation fails [message #18710] Wed, 18 November 2015 09:25 Go to previous message
C. A. Douma is currently offline  C. A. Douma
continuous participant
I am working to set up the realistic background simulations for the VETO. For that I wanted to have the newest
update of R3Broot, but it refuses to compile. During compilation R3Broot wants to have a file called FairDbReader.h
which is supposted to be located in FairRoot_Install/include/ but this file simply does not exist anywhere in FairRoot.
After I re-installed the newest download of FairRoot the problem is not solved (I did not re-install FairSoft).

The files that require this header are /r3broot/r3bdb/landdb/R3BLandTCalPar.h, /r3broot/r3bdb/landdb/R3BLandTCalPar.cxx and
/r3broot/r3bdb/landdb/R3BLandLinkDef.h

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a bug?

Then there are also 2 other things that occur during compilation. The first is that /r3broot/CMakeLists.txt
wants to have packages like GEANT3, GEANT4, GEANT4VMC, etc and normally it cannot find these packages.
Fortunately I can easily solve this by adding the command
set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${FAIRROOTPATH}/share/fairbase/cmake/modules_old" ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH})
after line 41.

The second thing is that all throurough FairRoot_install there are commands in the code like:
#include <boost/<<some path&file>>
But since there is no specification in this line where the directory boost is located, compilation of R3Broot gives trouble.
Fortunately I can solve this by running the following command in the FairRoot_Install directory:
find ./ -type f -exec sed -i -e 's:#include <boost/:#include </home/christiaan/Desktop/FAIR/FairSoft_Build/include/boost/:' {} \;
Then I have to run this command 10 times, each with a different number of blank characters between the # and the include to make sure that I really
replace all commands with the complete path and then the problem dissappears.

If more people are troubled by the same difficulties, is there a possibility to include an automatic fix inside FairRoot?

Thanks in advance!
Christiaan.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FairRoot installation fails on Mac
Next Topic: Problem with Geant4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:00:10 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00976 seconds