GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [NOTABUG] Linking to libField.so causes seg violation (My minimal example programme crashes when linked to the fopiROOT libField)
[NOTABUG] Linking to libField.so causes seg violation [message #18629] Mon, 02 November 2015 18:20 Go to previous message
Philipp Bielefeldt is currently offline  Philipp Bielefeldt
occasional visitor

Hi everyone,

I have a strange behaviour with fopiROOT/FairROOT: I have a minimal helloworld example (MickeyMouse.cc), that I can compile and use... as long as I do not link its executable to fopiROOTs .../build/lib/libField.so.0 -- if so, the execution will crash with a segmentation violation. To the best of my knowledge, this does not happen if I link it to another library in FairROOT, but I haven't tried every possible combination^^.

Is this a known behaviour? Has anyone tried to link to the .so's with success? Am I doing s.th. wrong?

Attached, there are my CMakeLists.txt, where l. 63 triggers the crash, and the Valgrind log, with ll. 96 ff. pointing to an error in PndFieldContFact.cxx. I am using revision 28577 of https://subversion.gsi.de/fairroot/fopiroot/trunk on a CentOS 7 machine with CMake 2.8.11.

Any help is welcomed! Cheers,
Philipp

[Updated on: Wed, 03 February 2016 23:34] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [FIXED] mar15 - problem with intallation
Next Topic: [FIXED] Cannot run sample macros