GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] genfit2 update - bugs(?)
Re: genfit2 update - bugs(?) [message #18618 is a reply to message #18603] Sat, 31 October 2015 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Hello Stefano,

to my understanding the class WireMeasurement(), that right now is used in genfit2/measurement, is more general than the new class WireMeasurementNew(). For the STT detector I consider that more appropriate; however, in Belle II they use directly the class AbsMeasurement(). This is of course an attempt that I can still try. In any case, as all classes WireMeasurement* do not allocate dynamical resources, whatever problem of memory leak cannot be due to the latter classes. Indeed, I did not find problems of memory leak in my preliminary tests. I will further investigate.
Clearly the CPU time needed to run genfit2 depends also on how many number of iteration one sets. Let's remember that genfit(1) had a logic bug, and the numIter was forced to be =1. I tried with genfit2 to set numIter up to 10, and it worked. A good compromise between fit performance and CPU time consumption can be to run numIter = 3. It should be enough (my guess). I'll do my homework.

Please, schedule me for a genfit2 update talk during the next collaboration meeting. I will perform some new tests and comparisons in the last trunk revision, and show in Vienna. If you have better suggestions, please feel free to say and I'll work on.

cheers, Elisabetta

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Cannot run sample macros
Next Topic: [FIXED] PandaRoot cmake error (genfit missing) with Fairsoft jul15p1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:48:59 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00946 seconds