GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] genfit2 update - bugs(?)
Re: genfit2 update - bugs(?) [message #18667 is a reply to message #18666] Fri, 06 November 2015 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) wrote on Fri, 06 November 2015 11:03
Hello Stefano,

if people are saying that they find memory leak problems, I check every possibility. Then, it was not a bad idea to see what happens with different numIter, as I remember that this was source of troubles with genfit1 (otherwise, why is it forced to 1, in the old genfit)?

Since increasing the number of iterations there was no improvement in resolution, only a small reduction in efficiency. For the TDRs we used three iterations, but after a while we reduced such number to 1 since it was only increasing the computing time.

Quote:

I do have in my development/branch only genfit2, as you know. This is how I performed every test since one year, simply because I prefer not to mix up things.
If every connection with genfit1 is excluded, no memory leak problems are seen at all. So, it is not /genfit2 or /GenfitTools generating troubles in pandaroot.

But did you try the trunk? This is the starting point. If you do not try you cannot say that gf1 and gf2 mixing it is the reason of the problem.

Quote:

In the new trunk, up to 10 000 events, I did not see problems testing the channel Jpsi pi pi. But other people got it, with different decay channels.

Did you check memory usage there? If you have 6GB used memory and you have 8GB RAM memory you do not see problems, but if you have 2GB ram then you have problems.

Quote:

In the new trunk, I do not know what was done. For sure, there are both, genfit and genfit2. Not my decision.

In the new trunk it was put the code your wrote, cleaned a bit. Did you check it?

Quote:

As I said before, what I can do is to set up the new release mar15 with only genfit2, and do my tests again. I do not want to mix up things, otherwise every debugging is difficult.

I suggest to start from the standard trunk, if not we will not be able to find which are the problems. genfit1 and 2 are written do that they do not mix in the code, if they are mixing this has to be demonstrated.

Quote:

Remember that other 8 packages were slightly changed, when I had worked with genfit2. I can say what I did in /developmnet/genit2; I am not aware of development in other packages.

What do you mean exactly? The code is a port of what you had in your development branch, and you told me which genfit2 version to use. Are you sure you are using exactly the same genfit2 version?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Cannot run sample macros
Next Topic: [FIXED] PandaRoot cmake error (genfit missing) with Fairsoft jul15p1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:00:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01150 seconds