GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » [SOLVED] Diffs between r 13415 and current & developement help
[SOLVED] Diffs between r 13415 and current & developement help [message #18597] Wed, 28 October 2015 15:01 Go to previous message
Mamen is currently offline  Mamen
continuous participant
Dear all,

Since some time I am working on doing simulations for the possibility of converting PANDA into a detector capable of measuring reaction products from a p + e collider (proposed Electron Nucleon Collider - ENC, using HESR and PANDA).
Some years ago, Donghee Kang developed some software for the same project, based on the current version of pandaroot at that time (i.e. r 13415) and my task would consist on taking what he did and try to adapt it to the current version of pandaroot now.

I could manage to take his installed and edited software to my working directory and make it (more or less) run, using the reaction pe^- -> pe^- gamma generated for three different cases (DVCS, BH and Interference of both).

In the last few weeks, when I finally started working intensively with pandaroot, I have encountered some problems:

1.- It seems that I cannot install without errors the revision 13415 from the svn repository anymore. So I copied what Donghee had in his directory and installed it to my working directory. However, I would like to install a clean revision 13415 of pandaroot to be able to compare the changes that Donghee did with what it was in the software at that time.

2.- Also I have no idea how can I find out what has changed (I don't need details, but in a first step just roughly) since that version to the current one, concerning geometry, reconstruction, tracking, pid...

Any help or ideas will be appreciated.
I would also like to point that I am new to the development branch of pandaroot, so I might need quite a lot of help to understand some things. So, please, be patient with me Smile.

Thank you very much in advance!!!
Cheers,

Mamen.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 November 2015 17:34]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message