GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Access to MC information after the digitization stage
Access to MC information after the digitization stage [message #18400] Tue, 04 August 2015 14:01 Go to previous message
Dominik Steinschaden is currently offline  Dominik Steinschaden
continuous participant
Hallo,

recently I updated the stored Fairlinks in the implementation of the SciTil detector.

Now I'm trying to make use out of them in a timebased simulation . Therefore I created root files for the simulation and the digitization stage.
As usual I'm able to get access to the stored data in the root files using a macro which is basically based on the example shown on the wiki page:
https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/PandaRootRawHits

has someone maybe a simple example macro, that shows me how to load both root files (sim.root and digi.root) in a macro and get for example for every hit in the digi.root file the corresponding MCTrack infos using these Fairlinks.

or is there an other standard way of accessing these data. (like a mandatory use of the FairrunAna() class and writing and compiling a specific Task for analysing. but this seems rather complicate if I just want to compare the numbers of primaries in a detector after the simulation stage and after the digitization for example)

regards dominik

[Updated on: Tue, 04 August 2015 15:48]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Update on the SciTil Detector
Next Topic: momentum vs beta for barrel TOF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:14:22 CET 2024