GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » Position calculations on start/stop scintillators
Re: Position calculations on start/stop scintillators [message #18202 is a reply to message #18198] Tue, 12 May 2015 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

Hi Michael,

thanks for the piece of code to create the correlation plots of the Lycca scintillator together with the Sci41.

I plotted them and saw something like the attached image.

What I don't understand is why do you see a triple-like structure, and I don't. How one should determine the malfunctioning PMT by looking at these plots? I get, as you can see, that some of the PMTs produce double-like structure and some of them not; just to be precise, 15 of them produce a double-like structure. What all these mean? Why we should see triples? My instincts say that there is still one or more mulfunctioning PMTs; and do you think trying different combinations of ignoring them would be the best option to make everything work properly?

Sorry for too many questions. I understand that the analysis of these detectors are complicated. I might addressed my questions to Michael, but anybody who has the understanding is very welcome to bring explanation.

Thank you,
Tayfun

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message