GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » Position calculations on start/stop scintillators
Position calculations on start/stop scintillators [message #18119] Wed, 08 April 2015 18:24 Go to previous message
LScruton is currently offline  LScruton
occasional visitor
index.php?t=getfile&id=8356&private=0Hello,

I was wondering whether anyone could give some advice on getting the correct position information for the x-y hits on the LYCCA start scintillator. I currently have the "always_compute_position" parameter in the membrane.par file for the startToF set to zero, so it calculates the position of the interaction point from the PMT data only if there is no data available from the TPCs at S4. However, I get a very strange x-y map for the start scintillator as a result of this which I have attached.

The central region is generated by the extrapolation of the TPC data, and the odd region in the upper left of the x-y map is caused by the position calculation from the PMT data (i.e., when there is no TPC position data available). I can see that one can alter the shear and rotation of the computed position, which will help this odd region to align with the tracked positions from the TPCs, but don't have a clue how to do this.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks,

Lianne

index.php?t=getfile&id=8356&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message