GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code
Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18075] Thu, 26 March 2015 16:40 Go to previous message
Ajay Kumar is currently offline  Ajay Kumar
continuous participant

Dear All,

I have simulated 10^4 events for the signal channel pbar p-> D*+ D*- -> D0 pi+ D0bar pi- while adding Lambda Disks to the rest detector system in the sim_complete.C macro. I have observed that with the ideal tracking code (i.e. recoideal_complete.C) D0 (k- pi+) and D*+ (D0 pi+) are not reconstructed but with the global tracking code (reco_complete.C) are reconstructed well. I have attached the invariant mass plots here with both the tracking codes.

Without adding Lambda Disks both tracking code performed as expected. I did not understand what is issue with the ideal tracking code.

Why D0's are not well reconstructed with ideal tracking code while adding Lambda Disks to rest detector system?

Can anybody teach me in this regard ??

Thanks in advance

Ajay

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Indian Institute of Technology Indore,Indore
Madhya Pradesh
India

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message