GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » Trigger OR
Re: Trigger OR [message #18050 is a reply to message #18048] Mon, 23 March 2015 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Damian Ralet
continuous participant
Hi Alberto,

There is a priority encoder on the trigger. The trigger with the highest number have the priority over the lower number. For example, if you have two accepted triggers, 8 and 9, the trigger 9 will be the one triggering the data read-out, and the event will be labelled with a trigger 9.

For each trigger, you have a hit-pattern that allows you to check coincidences, and see if you had more than one trigger option.

For your second question, the number of particle can be estimated with the trigger 10, multiply by the scaling factor. It has the priority. You could also look into the particle scaler module, but I am afraid that this number is not reliable. If I remember properly, we observed a lot of variations when we were looking at the scaler estimation. (Maybe someone else could comment on this?)

Cheers,
Damian

PS:If you want to read more about the trigger generation, I would suggest to check the publication:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168900215003332

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Positioning of the mechanics
Next Topic: PRESPEC GEANT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:26:07 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01004 seconds