GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » AGATA Crystal positions (Look-Up Table)
Re: AGATA Crystal positions (Look-Up Table) [message #18053 is a reply to message #18008] Tue, 24 March 2015 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

Dear all,

After looking at the drawings that Damian did, and compare them with what I get with the current CAD-lookup table, I see that the whole array suppose to be swapped in the horizontal axis.

These are the positions in the measurement report that Oliver sent:

index.php?t=getfile&id=8330&private=0

These are the positions of the crystals reported by -probably- Plamen before:

index.php?t=getfile&id=8332&private=0

Sorry for the poor quality of the second image, I didn't have it in soft copy and had to take a photo of the hard copy. What I get with the CAD-lookup table is pretty much look like this. I intentionally didn't put what I get, but put this image, since the cryostat numbers are given there.

My point is that the cryostat number 1 in the second image does not correspond to the cryostat number 5 in the measurement report, but it seems to me that it corresponds to number 2.

My idea is supported by looking at the number 4 and number 12 in the second image that they have a touching edge, but number 3 and 8 don't have a touching edge in the image that is inside the measurement report. Is it true what I'm saying?

I think we should be careful with this too, since the array has no symmetry according to the vertical axis. The detected angles would be different than the real angles, and this is something that we cannot survive with.

cheers,
tayfun

P.S.

I just found another drawing that Damian sent to me in our private communication. The positioning of the AGATA detectors there also suggest that we should swap the horizontal axis. I didn't get the permission from Damian, but I think he will be OK that I put the image below:

index.php?t=getfile&id=8333&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Scattering Angle Cut
Next Topic: Multihit TDCs in the PreSPEC setup (CAENv1290)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:13:12 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00976 seconds