GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » AGATA Crystal positions (Look-Up Table)
AGATA Crystal positions (Look-Up Table) [message #18008] Mon, 16 March 2015 11:46 Go to previous message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

Hi everybody,

I have some problems with the correction for the Doppler effect in my experiment. The target position was selected forward, and this makes the system very sensible for very small changes in the determination of the particle positions or the gamma positions.

I am comparing whether the crystal positions is calculated properly, because we know that there is a small rotation in the phi axis between the Legnaro and the GSI configurations of the AGATA detectors. The rotation from the original positions is 7.8 degrees in the Legnaro case, and 10 degrees in the GSI cases. I have two look-up tables in my hand, one is from the GammaWare software and the other is from the prespec analysis package. I see that the coordinates in the look-up table of the Gammware software are in agreement with the coordinates inside the femul software. But, the coordinates that the prespec software package uses are different.

I don't know if femul uses the original coordinates, or the coordinates that are already rotated 7.8 degrees for the Legnaro case. But, a rough calculation shows that the rotation is approximately 10 degrees between the two different look-up tables I possess.

Therefore, I was wondering if the rotation introduced in the coordinates of the prespec package is considered from the original positions of the detectors, or the Legnaro configuration. If, the person who performed the rotation considering that the coordinates are already for the original positions, but in fact they are for the Legnaro case, then the coordinates inside the prespec package should be corrected.

Maybe this issue addresses Michael. So, I would be grateful if you could inform me, Michael, regarding to the transformation you have done.

Thank you very much!
Tayfun

[Updated on: Mon, 16 March 2015 15:31]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Scattering Angle Cut
Next Topic: Multihit TDCs in the PreSPEC setup (CAENv1290)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:20:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00698 seconds