GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » EMC » Cut in energy for EMC hit and digi
Cut in energy for EMC hit and digi [message #17665] Wed, 17 December 2014 21:55 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Dear EMC experts,
I noticed running the standard simulation macros the following message coming from the Emc Hit producer:

-I- PndEmcHitProducer INITIALIZATION *********************
-I- PndEmcHitProducer: Using nonuniform lightoutput HitProducer has EnergyHitThreshold of 0.000001 GeV and Use_nonuniformity 1
-I- PndEmcHitProducer: Intialization successful

Indeed checking the emc params:

[PndEmcDigiPar]
EnergyHitThreshold:Double_t 0.000001

The energy threshold for each EMC hit is 1 KeV... Is it maybe a too small cut? I mean, I suppose the minimum energy for emc is at the level of MeV and not KeV.
Indeed later in the param file:

EnergyDigiThreshold:Double_t 2.0e-3

Then the minimum energy is 2 MeV. This low cut for energy in the hit could have effects on the data size (but I did not try to raise the cut and see the effect). Were there maybe particular reasons to use such low cut?

Speaking about minimum digi energy, I read also in the digi params :

Incoherent_elec_noise_width_GeV_APD:Double_t 1.5e-3     ### optimized based on the results of proto60 experiment
Incoherent_elec_noise_width_GeV_VPT:Double_t 1.5e-3

If the sigma of the elec noise is 1.5MeV, I would say that a reasonable energy cut could be 3 sigma -> 4.5 MeV and not 3 MeV, maybe with 3 sigma the cut is too close to the electronic noise... but I am not expert of emc electronics, these are just thought which came into my mind.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Correlation with charged tracks
Next Topic: MC Truth with EMC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:46:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01058 seconds