GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » FRS Calibration Issue
Re: FRS Calibration Issue [message #17947 is a reply to message #17090] Thu, 26 February 2015 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
SMilne is currently offline  SMilne
continuous participant
Hi Liliana!

No worries, it is easily done! Smile

Maybe for once I bring you good news. I had to re-do the ToF calibrations using the beam runs instead, since the 58Ni calibration were not quite right, which may have had something to do with them having negative ToF values.

Anyways, I've attached my resulting Frs Ids for 46Cr (using either the scintillators or TPCs and using the MhTDCs) as well as the Frs Id (using the TPCs and TDCs). They are looking much better and the 'repeated Id plot' using the scintillators seems to have disappeared. I know the separation between 46Cr and 47Cr is not great using the scintillator, but it is what it is, I can also play around with using the TPCs at S4, where the rate should not be so bad. I will also probably have to adjust my time gates slightly to remove the slight horizontal lines across the Frs Id plot. Anyways, if I encounter any more issues I'll let you know.

Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate the time you've spent helping me with all these issues!

Best regards,
Scott

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message