GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » Hector and Hector+ arrangement
Re: Hector and Hector+ arrangement [message #17321 is a reply to message #17044] Fri, 19 September 2014 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

Hi Riccardo,

Thanks for sharing the position documents. Below, I would like understand better some points regarding to the setup in 2012.

What is the (0,0,0) reference point for these positions? It doesn't seem to me that the target nominal position is at their "0" point, am I right? I see that the four LaBr detectors that stand next to AGATA are around 23 cm away from the reference point towards LYCCA in the y-axis in the coordinate system of your document (in the z axis in the FRS' coordinate system, if I'm not wrong). But we know that AGATA is placed around the target nominal position, and in this case the Hector detectors should always take negative y-axis values, shouldn't they?

Anyways, are r and theta parameters calculated regarding to the front face of the detectors or to their geometrical centroid? I see inside the "new_prespec_Go4" analysis code (the one that was provided "officially" by GSI) the theta angles are different than these ones. Is this just because the reference points are different in both cases?

Sorry for asking too many questions!

Tayfun

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Logbooks and runsheets scan
Next Topic: Possible improvement to dE statistics in DSSSDs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:51:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00791 seconds