GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » FRS - TPC Calibrations (Position Calibration Issues)
Re: FRS - TPC Calibrations [message #18301 is a reply to message #18300] Wed, 03 June 2015 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

Hi Liliana,

thanks for the information and the processor that you use. the manual of TPC is a different story and it tells nothing more than what you wrote here: 2 outputs of x and 4 outputs of y Smile Thank you anyway!

I just noticed that inside the source, there are the outputs xc and yc which are calibrated x and y outputs. I included them in the config file.

I think I should tell you more at this point for the sake of less complicity of the things:

1. The fiber mask signals are not processed in the prespec code, while they are visible in the previous "new_prespec_Go4" code.
2. The x:y of TPCs and the fiber mask plots are good and almost have fine calibration at new_prespec_Go4.
3. When I replay the experimental data, the calibration get lost at new_prespec_Go4.
4. I cannot do the calibration with the prespec code since I cannot see fiber mask signals when I replay the calibration data with mask.
5. The very same calibration coefficients which work in the new_prespec_Go4 code also work with the horizontal calibration but not for the vertical in the prespec code.

Now if we check out the plots under above circumstances:

TPC 4.2 at new_prespec_Go4:

index.php?t=getfile&id=8417&private=0

x:y and xc:yc at prespec (top: TPC 4.1; bottom: TPC 4.2):

index.php?t=getfile&id=8418&private=0

Fiber Mask at new_prespec_Go4:

index.php?t=getfile&id=8419&private=0

Thanks!
Tayfun

[Updated on: Wed, 03 June 2015 15:06]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message