GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » PndTracking2 - mvd and stt code with genfit2
Re: PndTracking2 - mvd and stt code with genfit2 [message #16615 is a reply to message #16612] Wed, 14 May 2014 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Gianluigi Boca is currently offline  Gianluigi Boca
first-grade participant
Dear Elisabetta,
normally the offline Pattern Recognition works with the Mvd hits also.
However the code works also when there are no Mvd hits. The results are worse of course.
So I am a bit surprised that you have a crash there.
Please report the crash error message, then I'll be able to understand better what's going on and fix it
cheers
Gianluigi

Elisabetta Prencipe (2) wrote on Tue, 13 May 2014 22:52
Dear Gianluigi and dear PndTrackers,

I am in the process to test genfit2 in pandaroot, trunk 24275. Apparently it looks compiling now, still as preliminary version and not with all detectors included;
I also simulated and digitized 100 events, using as MC generator the easiest BoxGenerator. It works fine.
I am testing right now the reco_complete.C macro.

In the current macro which I am using (/macro/run/reco_complete.C), I commented out some detectors, such as mvd, drc, lmd, because they have created some troubles when trying to compile pandaroot and/or to simulate events. So, for the time being, I am basically trying to understand if adidtional problems occur with genfit2 + stt panda code.

In the reco- macro, I see that an error occur at the line:

PndTrkTracking2* tracking = new PndTrkTracking2(0,false,false,false);

So, no events are reconstructed at all, right now.
Does it happen because PndTrkTracking2 work with mvd+stt together? just in case, is there the way to disantangle in this class mvd from stt?
is there any suggestion how shall I replace this line in the reco_complete.C macro, if I wish to test genfit2 with stt code only, or with all detector excluding mvd, in the reconstruction process?
has anybody any idea why in compliling pandaroot, while substituting genft(1) with genfit2, I cannot compile pandaroot? I did not expct at that level a problem with the mvd.
Of course, in the CMakeList.txt of all detectors and in the main one, genfit2 has already replaced genfit(1).

Many thanks in advance for your suggestion.
Best regards, Elisabetta

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message