GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Fast Simulations » [FIXED] Problems with PndKinFitter::AddMassConstraint
Re: Problems with PndKinFitter::AddMassConstraint [message #16540 is a reply to message #16537] Wed, 07 May 2014 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

This is a mass constraint fit, you force the total mass being a defined value, and then you use the modified parameters to check other distributions (i.e. you fit the j/psi mass and check the improvement in the resolution of psi mass). The mass must be a delta, or must have sigma much narrower than resolution... in this case you have only one moderate improvement. The 4C fitter works nicely and you have a delta there, or better a very narrow distribution. A broader distribution means that the fit did not converge to a global minimum, and I am not surprised seeing that chi2 distribution.

The main question is: why the chi2 distribution is screwed? Once fixing this, I believe the fitter will produce good results. The fact that the 4C fitters works nicely, in both full and fast sim, means that covariances are fine.

Read Message icon8.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message