last night I had an idea how to work around the problem I encountered with the compilation of the external packages apr13 with Kubuntu 14.04 and this morning I tried it. The workaround seems to have worked.
In case anybody else would like to upgrade to *buntu 14.04 here is what you can do in order to compile the external packages apr13:
sudo ln -s . freetype
Now root should be able to find the freetype.h header.
The rest of the compilation worked without any problems.
I believe that alternatively, one could also change the scripts
(I'm not sure which one is being used, both scripts are identical, so I would just change both)
to the lines
./configure $arch --enable-soversion $XROOTD $ROOFIT \
--enable-minuit2 --enable-gdml --enable-xml \
--enable-builtin-ftgl --enable-builtin-glew \
--with-f77=$FC $prefix_string \
However, I would recommend the first workaround. I did not try the second option.
[Updated on: Tue, 22 April 2014 11:20]
Report message to a moderator