GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » option of polarization for Lambda-Lambdabar model
option of polarization for Lambda-Lambdabar model [message #16335] Wed, 16 April 2014 11:48 Go to previous message
donghee is currently offline  donghee
first-grade participant
Hi,

I am using a model EvtLambdaLambdaBarPol in EvtGen/Private to generate artifitial polarization.

Decay pbarpSystem
1.0 anti-Lambda0 Lambda0 LambdaLambdaBarPol 1.64 0.5;
Enddecay

In principle, we can give a polarization value for lambda and lambdabar with last of option, which is set to 0.5 in this example.
This way one can introduce the polarization vector n perp to scattering plane.

I could not see any changing of angular distribution in n direction, which is a quantized axis used in the measurement of hyperon polarization. When I set 0.5 and 0.0, angular distributions are same for both. That means that this option value is not correctly working for generating the polarizaiton.
Does anyone know how can I introduce a polarization with this model? or most likely you can assume that the coordinate systems are not properly lorentz-boosted and thus I cannot see any slop due to that reason.

Best wishes,
Donghee

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: (SOLVED)Obtain Raw Info from Calorimeter (old GetMicroCandidate from TCandList class)
Next Topic: Covariance Matrices in RhoCandidates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:17:03 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00709 seconds