GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Fast Simulations » First test with fast sim: Ds(2536)+
First test with fast sim: Ds(2536)+ [message #16216] Thu, 03 April 2014 16:40 Go to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Dear all,

I am trying to do again my simulations with the fast sim (trunk-rev-24275), and compare the results obtained with the full simulation.
I am not sure if I am doing the proper comparison, this is why I post plots and numbers which I obtain and ask to the physics convenors.

So, the channel under exam is:

pbar p ----> Ds- Ds1'(2536)+

Ds- --->K+K-pi-
Ds1'--->D*0 K+
D*0 --->D0 gamma
D0 ---->K-pi+

plab = 9.83 GeV/c
N_generated events with EvtGen = 10 000

I show you a comparison between the number of entries obtained in case I plot the mass (full simulation) and "m" (fast simulation). Here attached you can look at some distributions.

---------------------------------------------------

-------- D0 ---- | Ds ----| Ds1'
---------------------------------------------------

Fast | 9962 | 15253 | 2960

Full | 5127 | 2450 | 349 (ftm)
Full | 8842 | 5307 | 2331 (best pid)
Full | 10506 | 12204 | 1140 (true pid)

Looking at the distributions obtained from the fast simulation, their shape look similar to the ones obtained from the "tr_pid" in the full simulation. So, I guess this is what we should compare. Correct?
Here attached are some distributions of interest. Please do not be worry because of the fact that the efficiency of Ds1' looks so low: in the analysis I will use the missing mass of the Ds- to reconstruct it., and it improves a lot actually. Here I am just checking consistency with the full reconstruction of all decay products in this chain.

Best regards, Elisabetta

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fast Sim Macro with parametrized detector options
Next Topic: [OK] Tracking parametrization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:25:12 CEST 2024