GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » GSI Forum » Forum Feature Requests/General Discussion » 2.6.6. Login procedure - Defaults and Checks
2.6.6. Login procedure - Defaults and Checks [message #1160] Mon, 15 November 2004 20:44 Go to previous message
Walter F.J. Müller is currently offline  Walter F.J. Müller
first-grade participant

Some time ago I asked in the FUD Support forum whether the defaults for the Notification options of a new account could be set by the system admin, see

http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=tree&th=3756

The answer in May was 'fixed in CVS', that was before the 2.6.3 release. So the feature should be in 2.6.6.

I think in our environment these defaults should be set to "yes", that's most likely is what most users want. Currently the defauls is still "no", and I wonder, whether that can be changed.

The current 2.6.6 Login form shows a "Please enter the code shown below" line. In some browsers, Mozilla is one of them, the code is not presented in fixed pitch font and thus hard to read. That check was added to prevent robots to add accounts. I guess that we can disable this gimmick until we get a real problem with ramping robots...

W.F.J.Müller, GSI, CBM, Tel: 2766

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How about a 'Linux Support' Forum ?
Next Topic: How about “Software Development” forum?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:24:02 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01133 seconds