GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Tracking efficiency release/jan14
Re: Tracking efficiency release/jan14 [message #15913 is a reply to message #15900] Tue, 04 March 2014 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Susanna Costanza is currently offline  Susanna Costanza
continuous participant
Dear all,
I've reproduced (part of) the studies I've done for the TDR.

In particular, I've simulated different sets of 10000 muon single track events, generated at the I.P., with phi in (0., 360.) deg. The theta angular range has been scanned as follows:
- theta = 10, 12, ..., 24 deg in steps of 2 deg (+/- 1 deg)
- theta = 30, 40, ..., 150 deg in steps of 10 deg (+/-5 deg).
The events have been reconstructed (considering only the barrel detectors, not the ones in the forward region) and the Kalman fit has been performed only once; the tracks have then been back propagated with the PndPidCorrelator.
The momentum distributions have been fitted with a Gauss function in the range (mu-3sigma, mu+3sigma), as in the TDR.
The efficiency is calculated as the histogram integral divided by the number of generated tracks (blue curve). The red curve represents the efficiency "in peak", i.e. the number of tracks in the fitted range with respect to the total number of tracks (as in the TDR).

The results are shown in the two plots that are attached to the message: the results are comparable to the TDR ones.

Best regards,
Susanna

index.php?t=getfile&id=7716&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=7715&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FairHit::SetPositionError
Next Topic: [FIXED] Bug in PndFts/SttMvdGemTrackingIdeal ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:47:35 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01270 seconds