GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » PndKinFitter Mass constraints and resolution
PndKinFitter Mass constraints and resolution [message #15745] Fri, 22 November 2013 12:16
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

I was checking what is stored by the ana_complete.C macro, and I was taking a look into the jpsi invariant mass after the fitter (PndKinFitter) putting a mass constraint.
Checking the hjpsim_mcf histo, at a first glance the mass peak seems a delta as I would expect, but just increasing the binning and zooming I realized that it has a distribution and a width of 5 MeV. Now the question is: why it is not a delta? If I constraint that the mass is a specific value, I should expect such value, and not a distribution (at least this is what I was finding when running kinematic fitters for hades). It is not
clear to me why there is such behavior, I have received such a question.
Is it possible that the fitter finds local maxima and not the good one? Or maybe it stops after X iterations even if it has not find the set value? Or maybe there is some bug?

index.php?t=getfile&id=7665&private=0
  • Attachment: jpsi.gif
    (Size: 9.96KB, Downloaded 332 times)

Read Message
Previous Topic: loop over PndMcTracks
Next Topic: Talk at Hirschegg 2014 - Perspectives of Open Charm Physics at PANDA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:06:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01065 seconds