GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Problem with submitting jobs on prometheus cluster
Re: Problem with submitting jobs on prometheus cluster [message #15571 is a reply to message #15569] Mon, 14 October 2013 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Klaus,

this is your fault. Very Happy

OK, now I will try to give you a meaningful answer to your problem. If you don't specify a working directory GridEngine will execute the job in the default working directory. If I remember correctly this is /tmp.
If you run a Geant3 simulation the file gphys.dat is created in the working directory. If you don't clean up after you finished the simulation the file stays in this working directory. If you end up to run on a machine where this file was created by another user you can't overwrite the file and Geant3 will crash with the error message you have seen.

What I do in my GridEngine macros is to create a workdirectory and run the simulation there.

workdir=/tmp/$username/$JOB_ID.$SGE_TASK_ID
mkdir -p $workdir
cd $workdir

At the end of the script I remove the working directory after I have moved all output to the final destination.

Ciao

Florian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS IN EXPERIMENTAL PHYSICS - Year 2013/2014 - Italy
Next Topic: STTHits with errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 21:29:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01074 seconds