GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Problem with submitting jobs on prometheus cluster
Problem with submitting jobs on prometheus cluster [message #15569] Mon, 14 October 2013 14:14 Go to previous message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi,

I have some strange problem, maybe somebody get's an idea about it.

I try to submit a bunch of PandaROOT simulation jobs (single track box generator) on the prometheus cluster at GSI, and that perfectly worked last week. Today I tried to do this again, but for almost all jobs (some run) no events are generated, and in the output I can spot the error message

[INFO   ] Simulation RunID: 1381751574   
At line 44 of file gbase/gmail.F (unit = 10, file = 'gphysi.dat')
Fortran runtime error: Cannot write to file opened for READ

I don't know whether that is the key issue, but no events are generated afterwards. On the interactive machine this error does not appear. So I don't know at all, whether this is an error I produced by some misconfiguration, or being a problem of the cluster nodes.

Does somebody by chance know what's going on? Is it possible to switch off this file output to gphysi.dat, or is this an important file to be produced?

Best regards and thanks,
Klaus

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS IN EXPERIMENTAL PHYSICS - Year 2013/2014 - Italy
Next Topic: STTHits with errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:37:38 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01346 seconds