GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » EMC » EMC resolution
Re: EMC resolution [message #15570 is a reply to message #15567] Mon, 14 October 2013 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dima Melnychuk is currently offline  Dima Melnychuk
first-grade participant
Hi,

Some additional comments from my side on EMC resolution.

I have more or less the same numbers as Binsong and I tried to look what are main constributions to these numbers.

By the way I used apr13 release of pandaroot for these studies and did simulation for barrel in 30-130 degree range.

So first of all I made a comparison of resolution which includes and does not include digitization.

The resolution without digitization can be obtained if PndEmcMakeDigi class is used for digitization and in emc.par
UseDigiEffectiveSmearing:Int_t 0

In this case the resolution is only due to energy leakage below threshold. With single crystal threshold 3 MeV the resolution is 1.08 %

The resolution in my case is obtained from Novosibirsk fit
(root/pandaroot/trunk/macro/emc/dedicated/fit_resolution.C)

When digitization is included two additional constributions to resolution are photostatistics and electronics noise. With current parameters in emc.par/all.par photostatistics for case of barrel for 1 GeV photon should give 0.43 % (94 p.e. per MeV and 1.7 excess noise factor). 1.5 MeV noise gives 0.15% contribution accordingly.
Adding these three contrubution quadratically
sqrt(1.08^2+0.15^2+0.43^2)=1.17 %

Simulation of 50 k photons with digitization included gives 1.20 % resolution which is in agreement with simple estimation.

If we want to compare the results of simulation with prototype measurements the non-uniformity of ligh yield should be included in simulation and it will give a sizeble effect.

But otherwise it seems that electronics noise and photon statistics are treated reasonably well and I can only imagine that the energy leakage could be underestimated.

Dima

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message