GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Tracking discussion
Re: Tracking discussion [message #15530 is a reply to message #15526] Thu, 26 September 2013 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Andreas Herten is currently offline  Andreas Herten
continuous participant

Hey Stefano,

first off: We might have a few people involved in tracking, but I think every person fellows their research into individual approaches / niches. So, IMHO, they are not all doing exactly the same. Anyway, you're absolutely right that manpower and things might not be as efficiently distributed among the PANDA tracking challenges as it could be and we should definitely exchange thoughts, results – and work.

Quote:

b) only one algorithm considers time based stream, all the others not.

True. AFAIK only the Triplet Finder is built, right from the very basis of its algorithmic idea, around time-basedness. But I think there are more algorithms which can, in principle, use timed hits instead of event'ed hits. You are right, though, I don't know of anyone looking into that. Because, at least for me, that's another level of complicatedness on top of already complicated things Smile.

Quote:

c) there are many new algorithms, without completing the old ones.

I only can say something to this for my / our case in Jülich. We are looking into algorithms and, on the way, get better / more promising ideas. So we follow up on these ideas. At the moment we are still continuing researching in all algorithms we touch, though. Well, besides the Triplet Finder…

Quote:

…but if I have understood well Marius left and nobody will continue it.

You have understood correctly. That was the reason I brought that up during the Bochum meeting. Maybe someone would have liked to continue working on this algorithm. At the moment, though, I have not heard from anyone.

Concerning your last points c) I think Tobias was looking into some paper write ups to see how other experiments / researchers are doing this. But probably he should continue on that.

In any case: I think we have a lot of things to talk about and to decide on about the future of tracking in PANDA. I'd like to meet up somewhere to discuss Smile!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Symbol lookup error :: PndMvdRiemannTrackFinderTask
Next Topic: [FIXED] PndSttCellTrackFinderAnalysisTask compilation issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:49:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01050 seconds