GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Tracking discussion
Re: Tracking discussion [message #15537 is a reply to message #15526] Thu, 26 September 2013 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MartinJGaluska is currently offline  MartinJGaluska
first-grade participant
Hello all,

concerning Stefano's discussion point b)
Stefano Spataro wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 16:08

b) how to assign a track to a MC particle, to evaluate efficiency and resolution, in particular when more particles produce hits in the same track, and when the same particle is reconstructured in more than one track

I would like to draw your attention to a very nice paper by Rainer Mankel: http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0402039

Section 2.5 (Evaluation of Performance) deals with possible definitions of efficiency, clone and ghost rate. I believe that these definitions are in line with the ones which Tobias presented in his talk at the last tracking session in Bochum. The only differences are that Tobias suggested a finer distinction of the category "reconstructed track" and a slightly different definition for "reconstructable tracks" / "reference set". I would be in favor of using Tobias' / Mankel's suggestions as a basis also in order to have comparable definitions to the ones used in other experiments.

Kind regards,
Martin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Symbol lookup error :: PndMvdRiemannTrackFinderTask
Next Topic: [FIXED] PndSttCellTrackFinderAnalysisTask compilation issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:02:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01088 seconds