GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » [FIXED] Bug in PndFts/SttMvdGemTrackingIdeal ?
Re: Bug in PndFts/SttMvdGemTrackingIdeal ? [message #15898 is a reply to message #15518] Mon, 24 February 2014 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MartinJGaluska is currently offline  MartinJGaluska
first-grade participant
Dear all,

after having changed the standard behavior of the FTS ideal tracking to make it behave more realistically from the FTS tracking point of view, Donghee noticed a problem in the tracking efficiency in the theta range 5⁰ to 12⁰ or so.

I required a track to be found by the FTS tracking to have at least 5 FTS hits. Previously, the FTS ideal tracker "found" all tracks that had at least 1 hit in the FTS.

As I said, from the FTS tracking point of view that behavior is more realisitic. However, currently there is only a tracking starting from STT + MVD and from FTS in the code. Both tracking algorithms find mostly distinct sets of tracks so that a merge is easily done. Hits from GEM are only added to tracks found by FTS and by STT + MVD, but there is no tracking starting from GEM being used in the current version of the code.

As a workaround I implemented PndFtsTrackerIdeal::SetMinFtsHitsPerTrack(int); to set the number back to 1 to have an overall detector performance that is similar to before the changes in the FTS ideal tracking. I have just changed the default value to 1 to avoid possible problems and confusion, especially when the simulation campaigns will be executed and new results will be compared with old ones.

At this point I suggest to use the value of 5 for standalone performance studies of the FTS only.

Here is how:
PndFtsTrackerIdeal* trackFts = new PndFtsTrackerIdeal();
  trackFts->SetMinFtsHitsPerTrack(1);
  trackFts->SetRelativeMomentumSmearing(0.05);
  trackFts->SetVertexSmearing(0.05, 0.05, 0.05);
  trackFts->SetTrackingEfficiency(1.);
  trackFts->SetTrackOutput("FtsIdealTrack");
  trackFts->SetPersistence(kFALSE);
  fRun->AddTask(trackFts);

Kind regards,
Martin

Read Message icon9.gif