GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Event Generators » [CLOSED] DPM-Direct doesn't have Coulomb el.scattering part
icon5.gif  [CLOSED] DPM-Direct doesn't have Coulomb el.scattering part [message #15461] Sat, 07 September 2013 17:55 Go to previous message
Anastasia Karavdina is currently offline  Anastasia Karavdina
continuous participant

Dear all,
I would like to use PndDpmDirect for my studies with DPM. Such studies I did many times before with so called DPM stand-alone.
As far as I understand PndDpmDirect is just interface to DPM generator, which runs PndDpmGenerator+FairPrimaryGenerator.
So generated results, if I run compiled executable, or if I run task with PndDpmDirect, shouldn't differ in terms of distributions of true (MC) variables.
But they have significant and very important difference, especially for the Luminosity Detector. Basically, with current configuration, Coulomb part for elastic scattering is not simulated with PndDpmDirect, even if theta_min is set to very low value!
Please, find attached two plots with theta distribution of simulated tracks and note the difference between them close to 0 and 1.5 rad (in both cases Pbeam=1.5 GeV/c, number of simulated events=1e4, theta_min=0.1 degree).

Well, my standalone version is executable which I have to compile by hand. To do so one need to copy attached GNUmakefile in $PANDAroot/pgenerators/DpmEvtGen
Then in this directory type make and to resolve error
pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/main.cc:246: undefined reference to `dpm_gen__'

change dpm_gen__ to dpm_gen_ (x2 times in this main.cc file)

Afterwards executable created in $PANDAroot/pgenerators/DpmEvtGen

As you can see only one change here is dpm_gen__ "correction". I don't know why it's needed for standalone compilation and isn't needed for common compilation together with other packages in pandaroot. But as far as I remember this dpm_gen__ to dpm_gen_ was an annoying issue while ago.
Anyway all other lines/files in DPM stay exactly the same as in repository.

Any ideas why PndDpmDirect just ignore Coulomb part? Also it would be nice if somebody else could cross-check DPM spectrum to confirm problem which I describe above.

Cheers,
Anastasia.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 December 2013 13:50]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [NOTABUG] EvtGenDirect, error while simulation: Error in <TArrayF::At>: index 548722 out of bo
Next Topic: benchmark generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:58:44 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00646 seconds