GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » [FIXED] Recontruction of neutrals - macro is very slow
[FIXED] Recontruction of neutrals - macro is very slow [message #15413] Tue, 03 September 2013 11:45 Go to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Dear Klaus, dear rho-experts,

I am running the reconstruction of the chain:

p barp---->
Ds- Ds(2317)+

Ds- --->K+K-pi-

Ds(2317)+ ----> Ds*+ pi0

Ds*+ --------> Ds+ gamma

Ds+ --------> K+ K- pi+

pi0 -------->2 photons

I am doing a very basic study, asking for the mass constraint fit for the Ds(2317)+, and plotting the full truth match value of mass and momentum, and the the combinatorial with "best" pid selection. When I run a similar decay chain, but no gammas were involved, the macro was running quickly. Now I have the same number of chain steps, but with photons. The speed of macro becomes worse and worse especially if I apply some selection cuts (e.g., I require for photons that the maximum candidate per event should not be larger than 100, or the momentum should be >0.150 GeV/c, in order to reduce noisy-gammas).

Just to give some numbers: to run a similar decay, but only charged particles got involved: 5000 events --->~4 hours (analysis macro, only); in this new case: in 4 hours I get 600 events only...is this a known problem or am I doing something really wrong here? Do you have by chance any suggestion how to modify this macro in order to run it faster? I attach my very simple macro to this email. There are many histograms initialized here, but only few of them are filled. I had to exclude many, because of problem with time.

Thanks in advance for your useful suggestions,
Elisabetta

[Updated on: Sun, 08 September 2013 12:03] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Problem in reconstructing neutral particle
Next Topic: [FIXED] Problems with photon reconstruction in pandaroot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:41:32 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01112 seconds