GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » [FIXED] Problem in reconstructing neutral particle
[FIXED] Problem in reconstructing neutral particle [message #15393] Fri, 30 August 2013 23:42 Go to previous message
Lu Cao is currently offline  Lu Cao
continuous participant
Dear all,

I'm reconstructing this decay chain:
Ds+ -> nu_e e+ eta
                |->pi+ pi- pi0
                            |-> gamma gamma

In reconstruction, since the photons come from three different components of EMC(with different angle and energy cuttings), i.e. barrel, forward endcap, backward endcap, I need to take all possible combinations into account of the pi0 candidates. My analysis can run smoothly when the combinations are only related to barrel and forward endcap. When one/both of the two gamma(s) come from the backward endcap EMC, the macro will be crashed after 500evt with the following info:

evt 100
evt 200
evt 300
evt 400
evt 500
ERROR: attempt to call RhoCandidate::SetType("pi0 | Meson | Q=0") for a composite RhoCandidate whose daughters have total charge -3
ERROR: attempt to call RhoCandidate::SetType("pi0 | Meson | Q=0") for a composite RhoCandidate whose daughters have total charge -2
ERROR: attempt to call RhoCandidate::SetType("pi0 | Meson | Q=0") for a composite RhoCandidate whose daughters have total charge -1
*** Candidate is its own mother???  *** 

I use FillList(gam,"Neutral") to get the photon list though I know it has some problems with PdgCode setting. From the error message, it seems that some charged particles are misfilled into the neutral list.

I commented some combinations related to the bwd part, and found that in some occasions the crash happens without any error info about charge but only "** Candidate is its own mother??? **". Thus, I guess if there are some pi0 in the gamma list as well.

From the other hand, I don't understand why this crash only happens with the backward endcap EMC. If this problem is purely due to the incorrect filling of neutral list, these errors should be also equally posted by other two EMC components, but they don't actually.

Thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions!

Best,
Lu

[Updated on: Mon, 02 September 2013 14:28] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pnd4CFitter - how to use it
Next Topic: [FIXED] Recontruction of neutrals - macro is very slow
Goto Forum: