GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Start and stop values from PndRecoKalmanTask
Re: Start and stop values from PndRecoKalmanTask [message #15215 is a reply to message #15214] Thu, 15 August 2013 11:03 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

In the case the flag is not 1, the "fitted" PndTrack will have the parameters of the "prefit" PndTrack since the fit or somethign else has failed... Gianluigi's code or in your case the smearing you put in the ideal track finder. In this sense, those tracks should be removed ( PndPidCandidate::GetFitStatus()>0 are the good tracks) since they cannot be used.
The reason... the NDF==0 comes from genfit itself, the missed conversion between GFTrack and PndTrack... if you read the adapter it is coming from an exception of this code:

first_pro = gtr->getMom(firstPlane).Dot(firstPlane.getNormal());
last_pro = gtr->getMom(lastPlane).Dot(lastPlane.getNormal());

Again, this is internal to genfit. No idea what is wrong there.
Our genfit version is "old", of 2011, they said a new revision should come this summer, and we should move to such new code... but still I did not read about any news in their mailing list. Maybe some bugs are fixed, maybe not.

The fact that flag>0 does not solve completely the situation was seen also by me and Lia, but for sure it is not "safe" to use tracks with flag <=0.

I suspect genfit developers are not reading our forum anymore.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: new version of the offline Pattern Recognition
Next Topic: Test of kinematic/vertex fitters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:52:59 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00571 seconds